This Site is offered and available to users who are 18 years of age or older. By using this Site, you represent and warrant that you are at least 18 years of age. If you do not meet this requirement, you must not access the Site.
Personal Data – any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
Processing – any operation or set of operations which is performed on Personal Data or on sets of Personal Data.
Data subject – a natural person whose Personal Data is being Processed.
Child – a natural person under 16 years of age.
We/us (either capitalized or not) – MelonSmasher.com
2. Data Protection Principles
We promise to follow the following data protection principles:
- Processing is lawful, fair, transparent. Our Processing activities have lawful grounds. We always consider your rights before Processing Personal Data. We will provide you information regarding Processing upon request.
- Processing is limited to the purpose. Our Processing activities fit the purpose for which Personal Data was gathered.
- Processing is done with minimal data. We only gather and Process the minimal amount of Personal Data required for any purpose.
- Processing is limited with a time period. We will not store your personal data for longer than needed.
- We will do our best to ensure the accuracy of data.
- We will do our best to ensure the integrity and confidentiality of data.
3. Data Subject’s rights
The Data Subject has the following rights:
- Right to information – meaning you have to right to know whether your Personal Data is being processed; what data is gathered, from where it is obtained and why and by whom it is processed.
- Right to access – meaning you have the right to access the data collected from/about you. This includes your right to request and obtain a copy of your Personal Data gathered.
- Right to rectification – meaning you have the right to request rectification or erasure of your Personal Data that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erasure – meaning in certain circumstances you can request for your Personal Data to be erased from our records.
- Right to restrict processing – meaning where certain conditions apply, you have the right to restrict the Processing of your Personal Data.
- Right to object to processing – meaning in certain cases you have the right to object to Processing of your Personal Data, for example in the case of direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated Processing – meaning you have the right to object to automated Processing, including profiling; and not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated Processing. This right you can exercise whenever there is an outcome of the profiling that produces legal effects concerning or significantly affecting you.
- Right to data portability – you have the right to obtain your Personal Data in a machine-readable format or if it is feasible, as a direct transfer from one Processor to another.
- Right to lodge a complaint – in the event that we refuse your request under the Rights of Access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. If you are not satisfied with the way your request has been handled please contact us.
- Right for the help of supervisory authority – meaning you have the right for the help of a supervisory authority and the right for other legal remedies such as claiming damages.
- Right to withdraw consent – you have the right withdraw any given consent for Processing of your Personal Data.
4. Data we gather
Information you have provided us with
This might be your e-mail address, name, etc. – mainly information that is necessary for delivering you a product/service or to enhance your customer experience with us. We save the information you provide us with in order for you to perform activities on the website. This information includes, for example, your name and e-mail address.
- Media – If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website
Information automatically collected about you
In order to make sure that the site performs at its best – functions properly, is informative, up-to date and tailored just for you – when you visit it, we collect information from your device. That may include:
- Device info – we want to know if you should be seeing a desktop or mobile version of the site, which application store you might need and such,
- Network data – such as IP address, helps us diagnose problems with our servers, administer our sites and also helps us to make sure our comment section is hate free,
- Cookies – there is more detailed info about them below, but in short, they let us know how you use our site and optimize it for a better user experience.
When you use our services or look at the contents of our website, your activities may be logged.
Embedded content from other websites
Information from our partners
We gather information from our trusted partners with confirmation that they have legal grounds to share that information with us. This is either information you have provided them directly with or that they have gathered about you on other legal grounds. See the list of our partners here.
Publicly available information
We might gather information about you that is publicly available.
When you share our articles with friends, you do so using social widgets and according to those social networks policies
5. How we use your Personal Data
We use your Personal Data in order to:
- Provide our service to you. This includes for example providing you with products and services that you have requested; providing you with promotional items at your request and communicating with you in relation to those products and services; communicating and interacting with you; and notifying you of changes to any services.
- Enhance your customer experience.
- Fulfil an obligation under law or contract.
We use your Personal Data on legitimate grounds and/or with your Consent.
On the grounds of entering into a contract or fulfilling contractual obligations, we Process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To identify you,
- To provide you a service or to send/offer you a product,
- To communicate with you.
On the ground of legitimate interest, we Process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- to improve the quality, variety, and availability of products/ services offered/provided.
As long as you have not informed us otherwise, we consider offering you products/services that are similar or same to your purchasing history/browsing behaviour to be our legitimate interest.
With your consent we Process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- for other purposes we have asked your consent for.
We Process your Personal Data in order to fulfil obligation rising from law and/or use your Personal Data for options provided by law. We reserve the right to anonymise Personal Data gathered and to use any such data. We will use data outside the scope of this Policy only when it is anonymised. We save information gathered about you for as long as needed for accounting purposes or other obligations deriving from law, but not longer than needed.
We might process your Personal Data for additional purposes that are not mentioned here, but are compatible with the original purpose for which the data was gathered. To do this, we will ensure that:
- The link between purposes, context and nature of Personal Data is suitable for further Processing.
- The further Processing would not harm your interests.
- There would be appropriate safeguard for Processing.
We will inform you of any further Processing and purposes.
6. Who else can access your Personal Data
We do not share your Personal Data with strangers. Personal Data about you is in some cases provided to our trusted partners in order to either make providing the service to you possible or to enhance your customer experience. We need to share certain data with our trusted partners:
- When we manage newsletters, we use Keap (www.keap.com) to help us do it. You can always unsubscribe via unsubscribe function in the newsletter,
- When we optimise our site and innovate we may use partners who provide services and functionalities we need, such as Google and others,
- When we deliver ads via vendors and third-party vendors. This helps you get better ads.
When we would need for Legal purposes and according to the law.
We only work with Processing partners who are able to ensure adequate level of protection to your Personal Data. We disclose your Personal Data to third parties or public officials when we are legally obliged to do so. We might disclose your Personal Data to third parties if you have consented to it or if there are other legal grounds for it
7. How we secure your data
We do our best to keep your Personal Data safe. We use safe protocols for communication and transferring data (such as HTTPS). We use anonymising and pseudonymising where suitable. We monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks. We do not have registration on MelonSmasher.com so we do not save your password.
Even though we try our best we cannot guarantee the security of information. However, we promise to notify suitable authorities of data breaches. We will also notify you if there is a threat to your rights or interests. We will do everything we reasonably can to prevent security breaches and to assist authorities should any breaches occur.
8. How the data might be transferred?
The data we process about individuals in the EU/EEA may be transferred from the EU/EEA through various compliance mechanisms, including data processing agreements we have with our partners. By using our services you consent to us transferring your information to our partners outside of EU/EEA. Any organisation who has access to your information in the course of providing services on our behalf will be governed by contractual restrictions to make sure they protect your information and comply with applicable data protection legislation.
9 . How can you exercise your rights under GDPR?
If you are an individual browsing from the EU/EEA, where the General Data Protection Regulations apply, you can exercise rights related to your data by contacting us via contact details at the bottom of the page:
- You can request access to a free copy of your data,
- You can ask us to delete your personal data, and we will do so where we legally can,
- You have a right to rectify your data,
- If you wish to object to us processing your data according to Legitimate interest,
- You also are free to revoke your consent by updating your settings,
You have a right to complain about us with our supervisory authority here
Your above described requests will be executed in a legally required time frame, 1 month, and we will need you to provide a valid proof of identification with each request.
10. How long do we keep the data?
We store your data for no longer than necessary in relation to the purpose under which such data was collected. This is determined on a case by case basis and depends on things such as the nature of the data provided, why it was collected, the legal basis we rely upon to process the data, and our relevant legal or operation retention requirements. For example, if you request to delete your account, we still have to retain some data for fraud prevention purposes and financial auditing.
We do not intend to collect or knowingly collect information from children. We do not target children with our services. By using our service you confirm that you either are of legal age or have an applicable consent.
12. Cookies and other technologies we use
Cookies are small files that are downloaded to your computer or mobile device when you visit a website. Your browser sends these cookies back to the website every time you visit the site again, so it can recognise you. This allows websites to tailor what you see on the screen.
You can control your cookies at the browser level. Choosing to disable cookies may hinder your use of certain functions.
- Necessary cookies – these cookies are required for you to be able to use some important features on our website, such as logging in. These cookies don’t collect any personal information.
- Functionality cookies – these cookies provide functionality that makes using our service more convenient and makes providing more personalised features possible. For example, they might remember your name and e-mail in comment forms so you don’t have to re-enter this information next time when commenting.
- Analytics cookies – these cookies are used to track the use and performance of our website and services
- Advertising cookies – these cookies are used to deliver advertisements that are relevant to you and to your interests. Also they help us pay our bills and provide you with great content, just keep that in mind. In addition, they are used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement. They are usually placed to the website by advertising networks with the website operator’s permission. These cookies remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organisations such as advertisers. Often targeting or advertising cookies will be linked to site functionality provided by the other organisation.
You can remove cookies stored in your computer via your browser settings. Alternatively, you can control some 3rd party cookies by using a privacy enhancement platform such as optout.aboutads.info or youronlinechoices.com. For more information about cookies, visit allaboutcookies.org.
If you use an Ad-blocker on our site, we cannot fully execute our services and therefore ensure your rights under this policy.
13. Contact Information
You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
How can you control your data
Please contact us at email@example.com to download and/or delete the data we have gathered about you.
Last modification was made on 25.08.2020.